It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migration of RQM and RTC to VSTS

Kunal N (872361) | asked Oct 20 '17, 11:35 a.m.

Hi All,

We need to migrate all the projects from RTC and RQM to VSTS. Is this possible and if yes could you please provide some help on this...?

Thanks,
Kunal N

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Oct 23 '17, 5:58 a.m.

Hi Kunal,
You should contact VSTS team for further asisstance as they should know what is the format of importing data they are supporting.

Kunal N selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kunal N commented Oct 24 '17, 7:17 a.m.

Thanks Krzysztof for your reply..

I checked with the VSTS support and team and they gave me similar reply to check with IBM...:( 
I think this migration is not possible. I will check with IBM support team.

Thanks
Kunal N

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 24 '17, 7:40 a.m. | edited Oct 24 '17, 7:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Kunal,

only Microsoft can tell you what they support. It does not make sense to ask the vendor you want to migrate away from. You have to talk to the one you want to go to. IBM support will tell you the current answer.

You can ask what export formats we support, maybe. There are different answers based on tool.
RTC: CSV for work items, just the bare files for SCM. You can use API's
RQM, there is some export tool, I believe.

And finally there will have to be some mapping to what MS supports e.g. what the concept of a work item or test case in their context is and if the data we have can be mapped.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 30 '17, 4:19 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As Ralph says, the most IBM can do is tell you how to export the data stored in the IBM tools.   Only Microsoft can tell you how to import your data into their tools (and it's a bit of a red flag if they aren't willing or able to help you do so).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.