It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to map cross server connections

vijay kumar (1121213) | asked Nov 18 '14, 11:52 a.m.
Hi techies,

We need your suggestions on below mentioned scenarios.

We have two servers(Server 1, Server 2).
In Server 1:
  • We have done the setup of CLM (RQM, RDNG & RTC).
  • We have created life cycle project area (requirements are maintaining in RM, test management activities are in QM, project planning& work item management are in CCM project area respectively)

In Server 2:

• We have done the setup of RTC. Here we are using RTC for SCM & build activities.

Now, I want to integrate Server 1 & Server 2 without disturbing existing working model.

Please suggest how to implement above mentioned scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay Kumar

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 18 '14, 11:55 a.m. | edited Nov 18 '14, 11:56 a.m.

what do you mean by 'integrate'?

each are on their own JTS, correct?

vijay kumar commented Nov 18 '14, 12:04 p.m.

In each server they have their own JTS.
Here in server 1, I am performing requirement management activities, test management activities, work item management activities and in server 2, I am performing SCM & Build activities.
Now I want to make a connection between both the servers.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183199) | answered Nov 18 '14, 4:29 p.m.
Sounds like you want to set up project associations.  That requires that friendships be established between the cooperating repositories first.   

Your admin must request friendship under the Server Administration section of a repository to the desired peer.  The admin of that peer ( if not same ) must approve that friendship and optionally request reciprocal friendship.   Once friendship is established, the project owner or another suitably positioned to update the project associations will add associations from their project area to another.   In web UI,  choose Manage this Project Area from the sprocket menu, scroll down to Associations and choose Add.   Choose the peer and the kind of association.

This last point can sometimes be out of reach to the JazzAdmin type when the peers are not managed by the same JazzAdmins.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 18 '14, 4:42 p.m.

isn't the behavior of associated projects across servers different than normal function in the same project?  Linking, Plans, reports, queries, ...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.