It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAM - The setup doesn't store the new configuration for DB

Alberto Teodoro (6632438) | asked Sep 26 '17, 5:04 a.m.

Hi all,
please, I need help because I'm not abble anymore to end the setup procedure.
I have to change the DB2 IP address, but the setup procedure encounters errors, caused by the DB2 version and it doesn'nt end storing the new pointments.
I have Rational Asset Manager 7.5.2.3, with a DB2 10.5: the DB2 version certified is 9.7 or 10.1, but it's almost 2 years we have upgraded the DB2, and RAM always worked very good.
Now we have to change IP Address: the new mapping, is possible for ramjts and ramccm, by updating the teamserver.properties files, but I have not found how to do for RAM.
Someone can tell me how to solve with the check issue of DB version in the RAM setup or how to configure the new IP of DB in some configuration file that I don't know?

Many Thanks in advance
Alberto

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rahul Choudhary (662) | answered Sep 27 '17, 4:46 a.m.

Hi Alberto ,

RAM setup would not allow you to configure an unsupported version of DB2.

I would recommend to upgrade to latest version of RAM ( 7.5.3.1) . It would not only make your setup complete but would make your configuration supported by RAM support team.

However, in order to quickly unblock you , one solution would be to update the server IP to your new DB in WebSphere Application server (WAS).

RAM relies on WAS for the datasource connection. The default jndi name used by RAM is "jdbc/RAM_Con" . You can edit this datasource and point it to the new database server .

Regards

Rahul

Alberto Teodoro selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alberto Teodoro commented Oct 09 '17, 6:37 a.m.

Hi Rahul,
thank you very much.
With your advice I've solved my issue.
Ciao
Alberto

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.