It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why am I getting "Server, Username or Password" error in RQM Excel Importer?

Robert Huet (23112884) | asked Sep 20 '17, 5:30 p.m.
edited Sep 20 '17, 5:31 p.m.

Ever since we made an upgrade to our proxy server to require TLS 1.2, I am getting an authentication error when trying to connect to RQM using the RQM Excel  Importer.  If I point to our Prod server (which has not had this update) it authenticates perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Robert

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Sep 20 '17, 8:10 p.m.

Hi, Robert

There are pre-requisites in supporting TLS 1.2 in RQMExcelImporter.
See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter
===
From CLM 4.0.5, RQM Word/Excel importer starts supporting TLS 1.2. To use this feature, users need to install .NET Framework 4.5 or above, Microsoft Office 2013 and install RQM Word/Excel importer with the installer named RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45 for 32 bit Microsoft Office Excel version or RQMWordImporterSetupX64ForDotNET45 for 64 bit Microsoft Office Excel version
==
You would need the specific installer to support TLS 1.2 for ExcelImporter.

Robert Huet selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robert Huet commented Sep 21 '17, 11:55 a.m.

Thanks, Don.  We are opening a PMR on this, because Jazz.net is not allowing the download for RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45.  It prompts for Jazz.net credentials but then fails.  I've had a colleague try with the same results.

Thanks,
Robert

Robert Huet commented Sep 24 '17, 5:55 p.m.

It turns out that the link to RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNet45 is bad.  However, this file can be found in the zip download for RQMExcelWordImporter.  Problem solved.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.