It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ability to edit older sketches in v6.0.4

Robert Quevillon (11) | asked Sep 19 '17, 11:50 a.m.

I imported artifacts from v5.02 that were based on sketches using the external plugin. I was under the impression that in v6.0.4 you would be able to edit sketches based on old format and the application would automatically convert them and present them for editing. Currently, I get an error when trying to edit these older sketches in the cloud trial environment. Am I incorrect in my understanding of v6?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 19 '17, 8:30 p.m. | edited Sep 19 '17, 8:30 p.m.

Are you talking about this "external plugin"?
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCxMigrationUtility

What error do you get when you try to edit the migrated graphical artifacts?

One answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Sep 20 '17, 10:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Think Robert references this browser plugin: RRC Browser Add-On

If that's the case, since 6.04 those graphical artifacts are not editable anymore, and indeed need to be converted if you want to keep editing them. That is not a automatic action, but is done by using the migration utility that runs as a social widget, which Donald mentions in his response, see: RRC Graphical Artifact Migration Utility

Comments
Robert Quevillon commented Sep 20 '17, 11:58 a.m.

Thanks for your response; yes I had been referring to the RRC Browser Add-on which was a part of our v4 and v5 implementations of RRC/DNG. I had incorrectly inferred from a description of the v6.04 product that this action was now to be automatic, as part of the internal sketch opening process. We are currently experiencing issues with migration of sketches, when using parts, from v4 to v5.02. I hoped for an easy solution covered in the evolution of the product to v6. Guess not. Is the social widget useful when using version 5.02?

Bas Bekker commented Sep 20 '17, 1:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, not for use in 5.0.2
The social gadget -not widget, my bad :)- migration utility converts from the graphical artifact format to the diagram format. That format, together with the diagram editor was introduced in version 6.0

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.