It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I create an enumeration list that display like a drop down list?

Bob Ferguson (891139) | asked Sep 18 '17, 9:48 a.m.

I am using RTC 6.0.3.  We have finally upgraded from CLM 3.x to CLM 6.0.3.

In the past I could create an enumeration and then create an attribute using that enumeration.  I would then add that attribute to an editor presentation.  The new attribute would display as a drop down list on a work item.

Now when I create the attribute I can only select enumeration list and then I have to select check boxes, hidden, etc..

I do not want to have multiple choice selections and I want a drop down list even if I have multiple choice.

I went back to where I created the enumeration and I did not see a selection that allowed me to select enumeration vs. enumeration list.  I have only tried this using the Web UI, do I need to use an RTC client?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Christian Winkler (1321623) | answered Sep 19 '17, 5:50 a.m.

Hi!
I am still on 6.0.2.
I first have to create the enumeration "enum_xy". Then I create a new attribute I have to chose the type:

In webUI: There I can use type "enum_xy" or type "enum_xy (Enumeration list)".
In client: There I can use type "enum_xy (Enumeration)" or type "enum_xy (Enumeration list)".

When I now add it to the editor, in client I can chose between "Enumeration" and "Radio Group", but in webUI it seems to be a dropdown list by default.

Bob Ferguson selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.