It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to pull artifacts from SVN inbuilt with a custom application into RTC SCM

anoop mc (74811196221) | asked Aug 10 '17, 3:51 a.m.

Hi Team,

We are working with a customer who is using a solution which has inbuilt SVN capability for managing SCM artifacts.

We would like to get those artifacts imported into RTC SCM then take it through our IBM DevOps Process.

2 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Aug 10 '17, 4:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here is an article that talks about how to import data from SVN to RTC SCM: https://jazz.net/library/article/650

permanent link
anoop mc (74811196221) | answered Aug 10 '17, 6:48 a.m.

Hi Team,

Thanks but this is not we meant.

Just creating a dump file in SVN and importing back into RTC SCM, there after continuing with RTC SCM  will not work in our case as this application has lot of dependency.

Let me give more clear picture on this.

The custom solution which has inbuilt SVN capability which I have mentioned is currently being used by our customer and will be continuing to use the same process for SCM repository.

Going forward we want RTC to synchronize with the Custom Application SVN repository as and when changes are available and make it available to RTC SCM Repository then go with our DevOps solution.

Let us know if anyone came accross such scenarios and suggestions are most welcome.

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Aug 11 '17, 12:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't believe there is a SVN-RTC synchronizer but the section https://jazz.net/library/article/650#Techniques_for_manually_updating talks about how to update the RTC stream with the latest SVN changes. Probably you could write a script to do that?

If someone has tried it out they could comment on it. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.