It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has anyone used RTC to manage Oracle eBusiness Suite development?

Andy Detandt (535) | asked Oct 17 '12, 4:49 p.m.

One of our development teams is struggling with managing the development of internal time reporting tools hosted in Oracle eBusiness Suite. They are currently using 'Quest Stat for Oracle eBusinss Suite  ...". to manage the maintenance of the application. It is proving to be problematic and costly.

RPT and RFT have plugins to test Oracle eBusiness Suite.  Are there any RTC plugins?

Comments
Jirong Hu commented Jan 18 '13, 9:36 a.m. | edited Feb 17 '13, 10:42 a.m.

Hi All

I am setting up a standard configuration management, build & deployment automation and change & release management process for all types of applications including Oracle eBS, Informatica, Siebel, Cognos, Java etc. As you know, SCM for Java and .Net types of applications are very matured, but not for other types of applications such as Oracle eBS. 

Can you give me some hint on how to manage Oracle eBS applications from SCM's perspective? For example,
1. How to version control eBS artifacts? What are the artifacts need to be in RTC?
2. How to build eBS artifacts and then deploy to a new environment?
3. How to manage changes?

Or point me to any online resources will be appreciated!

Thanks
Jirong

Kiran Nagara commented Dec 09 '13, 1:37 a.m.

Is there any update on this???

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.