It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where to change Chinese unassigned value of Filed Against to English?

Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | asked Aug 07 '17, 8:04 a.m.
edited Aug 07 '17, 8:09 a.m.

RTC 6.0.2 used here.

Originally RTC project was created with Chinese locale and some menus were translated into Chinese which is normal. Now the users want to have English menus instead but they can not create a new English project area
and changed all Chinese menus etc in source code and most of the menus are now showing as English with no problem.
But there are some default value such Unassigned Filed Against still shows as Chinese and they don't find a way to correct it. This Unassigned value seems to be a part of default value. Does anyone know whether there is any way we can change this value(such as from Chinese value to English 'Unassigned') so that when creating a new work item(such as defect, task) the filed against will show Unassigned instead of Chinese translated Unassgined?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Aug 08 '17, 3:42 a.m.

For the regular enumerations, you can simply modify them in the configuration UI, as the "Unassigned" is just one of the allowed values. Filed Against is a bit different as it is of type "category". IIRC, its "Unassigned" value is stored in the database, not the process configuration. I doubt that there is a supported way to change this value.

Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented Aug 08 '17, 9:06 p.m.

Thanks Donald.
That's what I thought. I am trying an ugly workaround now to set default category(create  a new English Unassigned category) for the filed against so that it "look" like ok, but Chinese "unassigned" is still in the list any way if the user goes to pull down menu.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.