It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

jbe command line options?

Frederic Mora (13811518) | asked Sep 23 '09, 11:08 a.m.
The Jazz doc says that the JBE command line options can be seen by running
jbe -h

However, doing so gives me an error:

$ ./jbe -h
CRRTC3501E: Missing required argument "-repository".

(Environment: Linux)

So how do I view these options?

Also, is there an option to have jbe send its logs to a user-defined directory? Currently, it writes them in a subdir of ~/.eclipse (for me, that subdir is
com.ibm.team.build.engine.product_2.0.0.I200906081817_733680210/configuration/)

2 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Sep 25 '09, 9:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should get more info printed out when the required command line arguments are not specified. Where in the doc does it say '-h' though? It's not required.

This is working for me using JBE from RTC 2.0.0.1 on Win XP:

C:\RTC-2.0.0.1\jazz\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse>jbe -vm c:\rtc-2.0.0.1\jazz\client\eclipse\jdk\bin\java
CRRTC3501E: Missing required argument "-repository".

Example usage: jbe -repository http://repository/jazz -userId buildUser

Required arguments:
-repository <repository address> (address of a Jazz repository)
-userId <user id> (user id of a user defined in the Jazz repository)

Optional arguments:
-engineId <engine id> (engine id of a build engine defined in the Jazz repository, default is "default")
-pass <password> (default is empty password)
-passwordFile <password file path> (path to a file created with -createPasswordFile)
-createPasswordFile <password file path> (for creating a password file)
-sleepTime <seconds> (sleep interval for build request polling, default is 30 seconds)
-verbose (for detailed logging of build engine activity)

Which Java runtime are you using? If it's the default, what do you get for java -version from the JBE directory? Try running with the JDK included in the Eclipse client, as in the example above. For more details, see:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildFAQ#WhichJDK

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Sep 25 '09, 9:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Also, is there an option to have jbe send its logs to a user-defined directory? Currently, it writes them in a subdir of ~/.eclipse (for me, that subdir is
com.ibm.team.build.engine.product_2.0.0.I200906081817_733680210/configuration/)

Do you mean error logs or the temporary build log? The temporary build log is written to the current directory, which normally is the directory containing JBE. You can, however, run JBE from any directory.

If it's an error log, then it's possible the Eclipse runtime chooses that location if it can't write to the configuration directory under JBE's eclipse directory. How are your permissions set up (Linux permissions, not Jazz)?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.