It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mixing Floating and Authorized Licenses

Gary Mullen-Schultz (28725536) | asked Sep 22 '09, 1:29 p.m.
I have a customer that would like to mix floating and authorized licenses. From what I can tell, this is an "either/or" configuration item - either the server is configured for floating only, or authorized only.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks, Gary

2 answers

permanent link
Rolf Nelson (617159) | answered Sep 22 '09, 2:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a customer that would like to mix floating and authorized licenses. From what I can tell, this is an "either/or" configuration item - either the server is configured for floating only, or authorized only.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks, Gary

You CAN mix floating and authorized licenses on the same server (RTC). Note, that the Express Editions of RTC ONLY support authorized users but the RTC Standard and Enterprise Editions support floating and/or authorized licensing. So you would need to have a "non Express" RTC server to mix AU and FL products on the same RTC server.

permanent link
Gary Mullen-Schultz (28725536) | answered Sep 22 '09, 7:00 p.m.
OK, great - thanks. I had tried it myself, already having some authorized developer licenses. When I went to add some floating client developer licenses I got a message to the effect that I would convert my license server to floating, which made me think it was one or the other.

Gary

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.