It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Role based permissions definitions?

Jamie Berry (14014196) | asked Apr 03 '12, 1:08 p.m.
Are the definitions/explanation of all the various role based permissions (project/team/iteration/...) documented anywhere, I haven't been able to find anything? Most of the permissions seem to make sense, but some are a bit confusing. I am trying to come up with the default permissions we want our projects to use, but am unclear on some of the permitted actions. There have been cases where we wanted to limit a specific action but in doing so it blocked others (prevent delete stream but allow create stream -- can't do it... delete is required in order to create). These types of dependencies are not obvious at all.

Thanks,

Jamie.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 03 '12, 1:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The permissions should be self-explanatory from the documentation provided for that action in the process configuration editor. If they aren't, please file a work item requesting clarification. In some cases, the documentation needs to be enhanced ... in other cases, it is a bug in the permissions implementation (the one in particular that you mention below is a bug ... work item 167620 ... in plan to be fixed for 4.0).

Cheers,
Geoff

Are the definitions/explanation of all the various role based permissions (project/team/iteration/...) documented anywhere, I haven't been able to find anything? Most of the permissions seem to make sense, but some are a bit confusing. I am trying to come up with the default permissions we want our projects to use, but am unclear on some of the permitted actions. There have been cases where we wanted to limit a specific action but in doing so it blocked others (prevent delete stream but allow create stream -- can't do it... delete is required in order to create). These types of dependencies are not obvious at all.

Thanks,

Jamie.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.