It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build license in RTC 3.0

Attila Mate (7184) | asked Mar 31 '11, 5:30 a.m.
Hi,

We've migrated our RTC servers from 2.0 to 3.0, and now we would like to use Jazz Build Engine. However in RTC 3.0 I don't find any Build System CAL, so I cannot assign to a build user. Where can I find these licenses, does it need to be purchased separately? In RTC 2.0 we had 5 build licenses (Express edition), and now this seems to be gone.

Thanks,
Attila

3 answers

permanent link
T M (8876188143) | answered Mar 31 '11, 7:44 a.m.
You get 50 build system licenses with the product. IN 3.0 there are no editions.

Thanks!

permanent link
Attila Mate (7184) | answered Mar 31 '11, 8:10 a.m.
You get 50 build system licenses with the product. IN 3.0 there are no editions.

This is good news, thank you, but where can I find it? In JTS / Users / Edit user, I cannot add build license to a user. Also in Server / License Key Management Build licenses are not listed.

regards,
Attila

permanent link
Attila Mate (7184) | answered Apr 04 '11, 10:21 a.m.
I've installed a new RTC 3.0 and I can see 50 Build system licenses. Is it possible, that upgrading from RTC 2.0 to 3.0 doesn't result having the same licenses as a fresh RTC 3.0 install? (Please note that ClearCase Synchronizer and ClearQuest Synchronizer is also missing, though we're not using it).

Did we miss something during upgrade?

thanks,
Attila

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.