It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not able to generate document from RPE

Saumya Gupta (29535) | asked Aug 09 '17, 8:15 a.m.

Hi,

I am trying to generate document by fetching data of doors next generation. 
CLM 6.0.3
RPE 2.1
I wanted to fetch only title of DNG module. i have followed you tube video.
I am not getting any error and output as well.
I have created new document specfication from file->new
Then add data source from data
then in took one container which contains paragraph which contains text
then put artifact into container from DNG module of data source 
then put title of artifact in to text of paragraph
then i saved it

then again saved it 

then run it from launcher which neither gave any output nor any error.

Please help me as soon as possible
Advance Thanks!!
Regards
Saumya

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96039) | answered Aug 10 '17, 1:12 a.m.

Hi Saumya,

It is very difficult to pinpoint the problem without knowing what youtube video you watched and what template you created.

- The steps you mentioned how you created template are mixing up module and artifacts in module. So I am afraid there is a problem here. There is a good sample in RPE. Open [RPE_INST_DIR]\templates\DNG\DNG_Modules.dta and verify how it is designed. Module title is set in the very beginning of the template. Yo do not need data source configuration only for module.

- The data source you set is also questionable. Assuming you enable configuration for target DNG project, the data source URL should not include oslc_config.context parameter, but add Extra header and Configuration context. Also make sure resourceUri is for module not for artifact.

The youtube video below will help set the data source. I recommend to follow the first half of instruction as exactly as instructed to confirm if it works fine. Then you may start creating your own template based on this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPTRRZ0jAQo&list=PL5D39ABB5C9864F85&index=35

Saumya Gupta selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Saumya Gupta commented Aug 10 '17, 3:31 a.m.

Hi Kenji,

Thank you so much for the reply.
I have used same method of DNG_Modules.dta which is in [RPE_INST_DIR]\templates\DNG to get title
If i dont use data source configuration where should i put module link.
Actually i have kept module link  in to properties of data source:module 
if i am wrong please correct me.
Does global configuration is required for this task in to DNG?
When i watched video shared by you, i got one doubt that what should i put in to root services of OSLC service discovery.

Please corporate me
Advance thanks!!
Regards,
Saumya

Kenji Sarai commented Aug 10 '17, 4:09 a.m.

Global configuration is optional in DNG. If you do not use global configuration, the youtube link I showed you previously is not relevant. Please review this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIWc_LyPqwo

Sorry I do not understand module link part. What kind of links would you like to display in module report?

Saumya Gupta commented Aug 10 '17, 5:05 a.m.

Hi Kenji,

I meant, i want to print title of module of DNG.
DNG module link :right Click on edit button of module in to dng go to select "shared link to this artifact" then that particular module's link will open and copy that linnk and used it in to RPE URI 
for that i have used URI in which i have pasted dng module link, of Properties of Data source from RPE launcher.

Kenji Sarai commented Aug 15 '17, 3:03 a.m.

Yes, you can copy the module URL from "shared link to this artifact", and paste it as a data source. Ensure you copy it with parameter resourceURI only such as
https://localhost:9443/rm/publish/modules?resourceURI=_0b1420218a6749fc9c6ff506ef081b80
and do not include parameter oslc_config.context. It is explained around 4'00" in the youtube video I referred in my second response.

Saumya Gupta commented Aug 16 '17, 3:24 a.m.

Thank you Kenji

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.