It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Use same CLA for all suite steps in RQM execution Tool

sara chason (27124) | asked Jul 26 '17, 7:40 a.m.

Hi,

I am executing a test suite programatically using RQM execution Tool and I want to run all test suite on the same CLA.
1. what parameter should I use - "adapterId" or "suiteStepAdapterIds" (- in this case how do I tell the tool to run the same adapter for all steps without specifying an adapter per step).
2. what option do I choose in test suite -> test cases tab: "Run this suite in a sequence" or "Run this suite in parallel" or doesn't matter?
thanks.

Comments
sara chason commented Aug 03 '17, 9:36 a.m.

Hi,

does someone he answer to this question?

3 answers

permanent link
Vijay Patil (4813) | answered Aug 10 '17, 7:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sara,

In RQM v6.0.4, we have added a new argument "-adapterIdForAllSuiteStep" to specify a single adapter for all test suite steps. If you are using older version of RQM, then I will suggest to specify the same adapter id for all test suite steps using argument "-suiteStepAdapterIds". Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay Patil

permanent link
Mark Blaschke (2910) | answered Dec 15 '17, 7:24 p.m.

Vijay,
When using a Test Suite in 6.0.4 and selecting 'Run a Test Script' - where does this  argument go? On the adapter startup line, in the script arguments line. No matter where I put it, the machine (where my CLA is running) does not show up as a machine to run the test suite on? Can you please clarify?

permanent link
Vijay Patil (4813) | answered Dec 21 '17, 2:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Mark,
I guess, you looking for an option to run the test suite using single adapter in RQM web application. For this, you will have to enable the admin preference. Go to Settings -> Manage Project Properties -> Execution Preference and enable "Select a single machine for the test suite if all steps in the test suite contain the same type of test script" preference. Then in the "Run Test Suite" dialog, a single adapter will be shown for all the test case steps, if the associated script is of same type. You can change the adapter using "Change Machine..." bulk action button shown in the Machine Column.

Please check -
N&N article - https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/5.0.1?p=news#TOC_B
Project Properties help doc - https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.4/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_sysprops.html

Thanks,
Vijay

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.