It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change Test Plan assocated with a TSER

Debasish Mahapatra (1246) | asked May 12 '14, 5:46 a.m.

A TSER is associated with a Test Plan and  the TSER is executed. The associated Test Suite is now attached to a new Test Plan and the Test suite is removed from the old Plan. In such a scenario, the TSER continues to be associated with the old Test Plan. Is there a possibility to change the plan associated to the TSER to the new Test Plan?

RQM Version - 4.0.3

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13344) | answered May 12 '14, 5:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello! there isn't an option to modify the TSER (in general execution records) in RQM web ui.
You could do a GET xml > modify xml {change test plan name, etc here} > PUT xml on the RQM TSER to achieve the above. You could use a tool such as RESTClient to achieve this. Here is video on using RESTClient

Best Regards
Sunil
Debasish Mahapatra selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Debasish Mahapatra commented May 12 '14, 7:45 a.m.

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the reply . If I open the TSER, I can see two icons, 'Clear' and ' Select Test Plan' beside Test Plan in Overview section. Currently these two icons are disabled for me. Please explain the purpose of these two icons.

Regards,

Debasish

Sunil Kumar R commented May 12 '14, 8:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Debasish,  The icons you mentioned are greyed out since they can't be edited (as explained in my first note). Basically those are values passed at the start of execution.

For eg: If you click "Run" on a Test Suite.. You get to choose TestPlan as shown below; the values at the field you mentioned are set before the execution and hence they cannot be reset / modified using the RQM UI later...

Let me know if this helps? Or if you have further questions.

Best Regards
Sunil

One other answer

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123338) | answered May 12 '14, 10:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You really don't want to do what you are proposing - it makes no sense.  You have executed the TSER against a plan - it needs to stay there.  If you need the TSER in a new plan you need to create a new one for that plan.  You reporting statistics will be all wrong if you try to do what you propose as the execution for the plan that it was run in will not be there any more.   It is important that all TSERs and TCERs have a test plan, test case, iteration, and Test environment associated with them - this is what defines them - you should not be moving them from plan to plan especially when they  have results associated with them as you will not be able to tell which plan the results belong to.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.