It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Command Line Adapter randomly changed

Matthias Buettgen (23612131) | asked Jan 27 '14, 10:03 a.m.
Hi there,

We've defined a test suite containing a of couple test cases. Each Test Case is related to an RQM test script which should use the command line adpater to execute an automated test on a remote test machine. In total do we have three different test systems and on each is a  command line adapter installed.

When we execute the test suite we would like to run it on a defined test system. Therefore do we click the run button in the test suite and select all test cases by the main select check box. After we have done this we switch to the respective adapter by clicking the "Select a machine to run this test" icon and choose the adapter for this specific test.
Then we run the test suite by clicking the run button.
The test execution starts but uses randomly also one of the other adpaters. For the time being we cannot see any pattern behind that behavior. But maybe there is something we didn't configure in a right way.

I've already unchecked the "Search for other available adapter based on applicable adapter search criteria, if assigned adapter is not found." in the project properties but this hasn't any influence on RQM's behavior.

Regards
Matthias

One answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Jan 27 '14, 11:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Matthias! You might be running into the issue logged as defect # 102847

If yes, there is a test fix available. I would suggest you raise a PMR to receive the hotfix.

Best Regards, Sunil

Comments
Matthias Buettgen commented Jan 27 '14, 11:21 a.m.

Hi Sunil,

thank's for the Quick Answer. If I see it right was this issue raised for 4.0.4 and RFT. We are on 4.0.3 and use the command line adpter. Do you think that this is also applicable for the release we are using.

Regards
Matthias

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.