It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Renaming or Moving Artifacts has no effect

William Rojas (112) | asked Sep 17 '09, 10:53 a.m.
I am using RRC 1.0.0.1,
when I rename or move any artifact (requirements in particular), the system will show the new name or new location as soon as the operation completes.

But when I close composer and come back in, the old name and old location are back. If I open the renamed requirement, I can see the new name, but the Project Explorer shows the old name.

I saw an old entry in the developerWorks forum about this problem. But did not see any resolution for this.

I am doing the rename or move operation from the project explorer, and do not have an Editor open on the artifact being affected.

Can someone offer a work around to this, or point out what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,

2 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Sep 19 '09, 2:58 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As I recall, this is what would happen if the rrc server app (not the JRS server) has stopped running. Trying stopping and restarting the server.

permanent link
Aditya Prahalad (311) | answered Apr 16 '10, 2:19 p.m.
Yes, that worked. But It cannot create the data tables for me . I get the following log

- CRJAZ1093I Service failed to activate.
- Failed to initialize the RDF Store, exception:
Unable to initialize Viper, exception:
-Error opening socket to server localhost/127.0.0.1 on port 50,000 with message: Connection refused: connect.
- CRJAZ1141I Failed to get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService".
14:00:00,639 ERROR com.ibm.rdm.app.config.ui.actions.InitializeServer - Could not create JRS data tables

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.