It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RRC 4.0 be brought to 4.0.0.1 with JTS 4.0 kept as is

long TRUONG (3654123147) | asked Oct 03 '12, 12:14 p.m.
retagged Nov 05 '12, 12:25 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)
 It is critical for us to upgrade RRC 4.0 to 4.0.0.1 but we have no reason to rush into upgrading RTC 4.0 and/or RQM 4.0. 

Anybody can help us with infos regarding upgrading RRC 4.0 alone (i.e. IM install just RRC 4.0.0.1 then run its upgrade script) without having to upgrade JTS 4.0, or at least without having to upgrade JTS DBs.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Todd Merriweather (561) | answered Oct 03 '12, 2:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 In general, the JTS needs to match the level of the most recent application.  In this case, both RRC and JTS would need to be upgraded to the 4.0.0.1 release.  However, this only applies to a distributed environment.  If the applications are installed on the same server then all of the applications must be upgraded to the 4.0.0.1 release level.  
long TRUONG selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Oct 03 '12, 2:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 03 '12, 2:14 p.m.
My assumption is that both RRC and JTS would need to be upgraded as RM data is stored in the JTS. Now as RTC and RQM store their data outside of the JTS and there is N-1 backward compatibility policy that they would not need to be upgraded, unless they are all on the same machine.

Personally I have not tried this myself so I am not sure.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.