It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RFT adapter keeps reconnecting even though it says it's connected already

Theodore Hsieh (135) | asked Jun 08 '17, 8:23 p.m.

After I upgraded the RTC plugin to version 5, whenever I tried to start the RFT adapter, it will say it's "Connected", but the console will show that it's reconnecting to the server every 15 seconds.  Am I actually connected or not?

One answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Jun 09 '17, 1:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Theodore, You can verify from the RQM project page Execution > Adapter Console for whether the adapter is really connected or otherwise. The adapter shows "Green" if connected, "Amber" or "Red" if there are failures.

If you see other than a "Green" status, further investigation is required to understand what's causing it.
You can start by checking if the new environment is still a supported combination of RFT/RQM; here is the CLM system requirements page where you can review the data for RQM and its integrations

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements603

Let me know your observations, further questions if any.

PS: If you are noticing the issue on a production environment, I suggest you open a PMR to IBM Support through so that a thorough investigation can be done to fix it ASAP.

Best Regards
Sunil

Comments
Theodore Hsieh commented Jun 09 '17, 10:40 a.m.

When I checked Execution>Adapter Console, the machine/adapter was not even listed at all.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.