It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Pls help, does RQM Supports Quick Test Professional 10 ?

jaya krishna (11612112) | asked Sep 16 '09, 3:56 p.m.
Hi All,

QTP Adapter is not displayed in the RQM. Ie: Under Construction -> Create Test Script -> Select Type as HP Quick Test Professional -> Selected Use test resources that are local to test machine -> Clicked on Select Adapter.
Observed the Adapter name is not displayed on my machine.
I had gone through Rational Quality Manager Execution Tool Adapter read me file and found below text where they clearly indicated that it works fine with Quick Test Professional 10.0 but found not working.

Readme file text:

As per the Readme file. Rational Quality Manager Execution Tool Adapter for HP Quick Test Professional 9.x is designed to help organizations connect test scripts to HP Quick Test Professional 9.x for functional and regression testing. The adapter works with the following versions of HP Quick Test Professional software: v 9.0, v 9.1, v 9.2 and v 9.5. The adapter had also been tested with Quick Test Professional 10.0.

Could anyone suggest is this the problem with the Adapter installation or QTP 10.0.

5 answers

permanent link
jaya krishna (11612112) | answered Sep 17 '09, 2:41 p.m.
Hi All,

QTP Adapter is not displayed in the RQM. Ie: Under Construction -> Create Test Script -> Select Type as HP Quick Test Professional -> Selected Use test resources that are local to test machine -> Clicked on Select Adapter.
I had gone through Rational Quality Manager Execution Tool Adapter read me file and found below text where they clearly indicated that it works fine with Quick Test Professional 10.0 but found not working.

Readme file text:

As per the Readme file. Rational Quality Manager Execution Tool Adapter for HP Quick Test Professional 9.x is designed to help organizations connect test scripts to HP Quick Test Professional 9.x for functional and regression testing. The adapter works with the following versions of HP Quick Test Professional software: v 9.0, v 9.1, v 9.2 and v 9.5. The adapter had also been tested with Quick Test Professional 10.0.

Could anyone suggest is this the problem with the Adapter installation or QTP 10.0.

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 17 '09, 6:22 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you start the adapter is there any information logged to a console, std out, etc? There should be some information displayed about establishing the connection to the RQM server. That would be the first thing to check, ensuring that the adapter connects to RQM.

Regards,
John

Hi All,

Readme file text:

permanent link
jaya krishna (11612112) | answered Sep 18 '09, 2:40 p.m.
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

When I start Adapter, On the console i am able to see below information:

C:\QTPAdapter\bin>ECHO OFF
Launched the Adapter console
Saved current adapter settings in config.prop
Successfully created an HTTP client
The adapter is now connected
Created Quick Test Professional v2.0 Adapter.

But the problem what i find is when i log into the Web RQM UI, I am not able to see the Adapter name inside RQM.
Ie: Inside RQM -> Under Construction -> Create Test Script -> Select Type as HP Quick Test Professional -> Selected Use test resources that are local to test machine -> Clicked on Select Adapter.
Adapter name is not displayed.

Please help what should i do next to fix this issue.

When you start the adapter is there any information logged to a console, std out, etc? There should be some information displayed about establishing the connection to the RQM server. That would be the first thing to check, ensuring that the adapter connects to RQM.

Regards,
John

Hi All,

Readme file text:

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 18 '09, 3:42 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
OK - that adapter console output is what you want to see.

Do you see it if you go to "Execution -> Adapter Console"? It should show up there.

Regards,
John

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

But the problem what i find is when i log into the Web RQM UI, I am not able to see the Adapter name inside RQM.
Ie: Inside RQM -> Under Construction -> Create Test Script -> Select Type as HP Quick Test Professional -> Selected Use test resources that are local to test machine -> Clicked on Select Adapter.

Regards,
John

Hi All,

Readme file text:

permanent link
jaya krishna (11612112) | answered Sep 19 '09, 10:13 p.m.
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Now I am able to see the Adapter in RQM. Couple of more queries:
1) when i stop the adapter, console displays that qtp adapter stop intiated ... but never closes the console or displays different message even i wait for 30 or more minutes.
2) Does the Adapter which is given in the download section support for HP quick test professional 10.0.

Thanks in Advance.

OK - that adapter console output is what you want to see.

Do you see it if you go to "Execution -> Adapter Console"? It should show up there.

Regards,
John

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
John

Hi All,

Readme file text:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.