It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Difficulty to Change categories after subcategories defined

Shine Shines (3058) | asked Feb 06 '12, 4:59 a.m.
Hi All,

We have around 10000 Test cases under one application in RQM. We have sub-categorized the Test Cases upto 4 levels.
Application -> Module ->Function ->Sub-function

Some Functionality are small and no sub-functionality defined, how ever when we need to change functionality of few test cases values in later course of time we are unable to do so. Its asking us to give some value to sub-function also since its a part of sub-category at overall level.

Cant we restrict our change to a particular level only in sub-categories without going till the root level.

Is there a way we can do this in RQM 3.0.0.1, since it difficult to have all things defined when we very large number of Test Cases.

Any help in this regard is highly helpful.

3 answers

permanent link
Christophe Telep (236) | answered Feb 07 '12, 3:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Could you please give an example of what you are trying to achieve and what is the issue?

Thanks

permanent link
Shine Shines (3058) | answered Feb 08 '12, 5:28 a.m.
I have 4 Categories Defined say: Application , Module, Function and Sub- Function.

I have Sub-Categorized Test cases as below and assigned values: Applicaiton --> Module --> Function --> Sub-Function.

I have 10 modules out of which 8 modules are large and have Functionality and Sub Functionality but 2 modules are small and have one Function each with no Sub Functions

Later Point of time I want to change the Test Case Categories, I want to change my value of a Module Name and Function Name but at that time its asking to give some value to Sub-Function Also which i do not define for that module and sub-function.

Since only 2 functions do not have subFunction , I cant remove subcategories and work independently and at same time its not allowing to change values till we change the root level.

permanent link
Shine Shines (3058) | answered Mar 21 '12, 9:11 a.m.
Hi All,

We have around 10000 Test cases under one application in RQM. We have sub-categorized the Test Cases upto 4 levels.
Application -> Module ->Function ->Sub-function

Some Functionality are small and no sub-functionality defined, how ever when we need to change functionality of few test cases values in later course of time we are unable to do so. Its asking us to give some value to sub-function also since its a part of sub-category at overall level.

Cant we restrict our change to a particular level only in sub-categories without going till the root level.

Can the change of Category values independent of Sub-categorization?

Any help inthis regard is helpful

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.