It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM REST API - get attachment with non-English file name


Dmitry A. Lesin (24826696) | asked Nov 13 '17, 3:17 p.m.
edited Nov 13 '17, 3:20 p.m.

 Hello,

My customer uses non-English files to attach them to test steps in Rational Quality Manager. But when I send HTTP GET request (REST API) with Postman to extract the attachment presentation:
https://jazz.server.com:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/debugRQMProject/attachment/urn:com.ibm.rqm:attachment:31
then I get data like next:
...
    <ns4:webId>31</ns4:webId>
    <ns6:title>????????+???+???.csv</ns6:title>
    <ns6:description>Attachments Section</ns6:description>
    <ns4:creationDate>2017-05-01T03:27:14.904Z</ns4:creationDate>
    <ns6:creator ns1:resource="https://jazz.server.com:9443/jts/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.repository.Contributor/dlesin">dlesin</ns6:creator>
    <ns4:fileSize>0.6</ns4:fileSize>
    <ns5:updated>2017-05-01T03:27:14.904Z</ns5:updated>
</ns4:attachment>
You can see that non-English file name is displayed as questions signs.
Can please somebody outline a possible workaround to fix this problem and get readable file name in non-English?
Thank you!

2 answers



permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 14 '17, 7:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would assume Postman is not rendering these non-English characters.  You can check by using the same characters in a test case (for example) name/title and GET the test case in Postman and Firefox's Poster/HttpRequester.  Can you copy the HTTP response content to another editor to display these characters?  Also, check the HTTP response header for the file name (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#ResourcesFootnote6). 


Comments
Dmitry A. Lesin commented Nov 14 '17, 7:54 a.m. | edited Nov 14 '17, 7:55 a.m.
I have followed to the recommendations. The old environment where I did it was "Chrome/Postman; OS-Ubuntu". I tried the same at "Firefox/HTTP Requester; OS-Windows". Another word I used another desktop environment to make the new request but with the same parameters.
When I try to get filename in the response text, I get:


Another way, if I try to extract file name from response's "Content-Disposition" header then I have the characters displayed in another kind but they are unreadable as earlier:


permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 14 '17, 8:26 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 14 '17, 8:27 a.m.

This looks like a defect.  Please open a PMR (How to open a PMR (external users)) with all the relevant information.

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.


Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.