It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG Custom Attribute into RPE Template

Dylan Mansour (21818) | asked Jun 02 '17, 9:45 a.m.

Hello all.

I am trying to make an RPE template that captures test cases and requirements, as well as a custom attribute attached to the requirements in DNG.  I see the DNG custom attribute selection, but I am confused on how to get my specific custom attribute, as that is not an option.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Dylan Mansour

2 answers

permanent link
Kumaraswamy Gowda (39115) | answered Jun 05 '17, 7:01 a.m.

Hi Dylan,

Does this help? https://jazz.net/forum/questions/217228/how-do-you-retrieve-data-from-a-custom-attribute-in-rpe-from-dng.

If you need a specific custom attribute from the entire list, you should add a condition using javascript in RPE template.

Regards,
Kumar

Comments
Dylan Mansour commented Jun 05 '17, 8:33 a.m.

That does help, thank you!

I'm able to pull up the data preview and see the values for the custom attributes, but I am unsure of what query to put into my cell that I will do my javascript on.

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jun 05 '17, 9:04 a.m.
edited Jun 05 '17, 9:06 a.m.

Since you know the custom attribute name, you can add a filter on dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute/name and print the corresponding dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute/value.You need not use JavaScript. Just add a Data filter on query dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.