It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to format text for several artifacts in DNG at once?

Dmitry A. Lesin (24825896) | asked Oct 09 '18, 6:09 a.m.
edited Oct 09 '18, 6:11 a.m.

Hello!

I have a big module in Rational DOORS Next Generation where many artifacts were imported with indents from Word. Like next:
Indents in artifacts
I would like to remove these indents in all artifacts but it's very labored to do it manually. The main problem that I want to print these artifacts without indents in RPE generated document. The number of such artifacts is very big. Is it possible to do it for a group of selected artifacts at once in DNG?
Or may be, is it possible to remove these indents but saving all other formatting data when document is being printed with RPE?
Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donat Hutter (2153239) | answered Oct 15 '18, 4:39 a.m.
Export/import via Excel will remove other formattings, remove images, ...
I would go for an Client Extension, where you can manipulate selected artifacts or all artifacts within a module as needed.
See https://github.com/jazz-community/dng-client-extensions for a template or example (e.g. "set-attrs" which iterates over artifacts within a module).

Donat

Dmitry A. Lesin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dmitry A. Lesin commented Oct 15 '18, 9:48 a.m.

Hi Donat,

I'm thinking about the same approach.
Thanks to everybody!

2 other answers

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241145) | answered Oct 09 '18, 7:27 a.m.
Hi Dmitry,

Your best bet will probably be to export the requirements to CSV/Excel.

Tidy them in Excel using some scripting.

Then reimport into DNG using the id number as an excel/csv column to update the original artifacts.

Sean

permanent link
Richard Hall (107211) | answered Oct 15 '18, 10:21 a.m.

Have you tried a ReqIf export, edit in a text editor and then import?

This does;n' have the problem of Excel of removing other formatting.

In theory this should work, but for me it randomly changes over attributes.

Comments
Dmitry A. Lesin commented Oct 15 '18, 1:18 p.m.

Thank you for this advice! But I think building a custom extension is a good idea to reduce labor expenses if I will need to reproduce the same actions on more than one module.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.