It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC+RPE: How do I generate MULTIPLE MODULES' document style reports at the same time?

Motoyuki Takai (1314) | asked Jan 21 '14, 5:14 a.m.
Hi all,

I'm using RPE 1.2.0.1 and CLM 4.0.4 including DOORS Next Generation(DNG).

I'd like to output all modules in a folder to Word or PDF format in one go , but I have to click the output icon one module by one for now.

How do I get all modules outputs at the same time?

I prefer the output generations are processed via "Document Styles Report", then I checked printModuleBook.dta and other dta files in the server, but I couldn't find the correct way to specify multiple modules.  I think printModuleBook.dta is for only one module.

I appreciate any ideas.
Thanks,

Motoyuki Takai

Accepted answer

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered Jan 21 '14, 9:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Motoyuki-san,
 What you mention is correct, printModuleBook.dta is designed to work with only one module at a time.
Currently there is no way to either script or automatically generate multiple print Modules documents.

Feel free to submit an Enhancement request stating your use case so it can be evaluated properly

Motoyuki Takai selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Motoyuki Takai commented Jan 22 '14, 4:34 a.m.

Thanks a lot Edgar-san,

I had struggled to modify the dta file to output multiple modules, to fail.
Now I think I have two ways:

1. Output modules one by one manually using DNG function.
  2. Make a command line script to produce dsx files and modules documents one by one automatically (by perl, ruby, etc). 
    I think I can use dta and dsx files we created ourselves or a dsx file DNG generated after enabling debug of the PublishServices on the RRC server.
Automated solution is essential for us because we have many documents of module format.

Is there any helps regarding the meanings of each schema element to create dta and dsx similar to printModuleBook.dta?

I have accessed the site below but I couldn't find schema information.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCReportingWiki

Thanks,

Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar commented Jan 22 '14, 9:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Print of modules is designed using internal API and not the Publish API, the reason is that printing a module is not as trivial as printing an artifact and it requires quite more work on the back end to get the elements to display the same way as in the web.

I would submit an enhancement request to add the support you need. I think the only feasible option is manually output the modules using the built-in function.

Also you could ask the plans to enable a REST call to generate the print output of a module, that is something you could script.

Motoyuki Takai commented Jan 23 '14, 4:33 a.m.

Hi Edgar-san,

I appreciate your help and submission of request.

We have many requirements and design documents in module format for the purpose of traceability management in DNG, I found no way to post an enhancement request, then your support is really helpful.

Thanks,

Rosa Naranjo commented Aug 25 '16, 2:51 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I found this open enhancement request https://jazzdev03.torolab.ibm.com:9443/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=106332

It is still open so I don't think this has been implemented. If you still want this feature, comment on the workitem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.