It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Updated tomcat as a service clarification

Mahari Hill (4861179230) | asked Apr 16 '13, 1:38 p.m.
retagged Apr 22 '13, 3:56 p.m. by Douglas Bush (28125)
Part II

We had 4.0 running in C:/JazzTeamServer4 and it was running as a service. I am now in charge of CLM and we upgraded to 4.0.2 in the directory C:/JazzTeamServer402

The instructions from here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_run_rqm64_win_service.html?resultof=%22tomcat%22%20%22service%22%20%22servic%22%20

Are if you are doing a fresh install. How do I remove the old "service" so I can reboot and start the new tomcat from the new directory. I am done with Step1 on Procedure, but not doing step2 because I believe the old "service" will start the old tomcat.

Please assist.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Apr 16 '13, 1:45 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 16 '13, 1:46 p.m.
To remove the old service, you can just issue the "sc delete <service name>" command from command prompt.  For example, if you have a service called Apache Tomcat - CLM401:

sc delete CLM401 and you should see the following returned:

[SC] DeleteService SUCCESS
Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Apr 16 '13, 4:07 p.m.

That did it!!!

Douglas Bush commented Apr 22 '13, 3:56 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad that works. FYI only (in case this helps other folks), the instructions to deleting the existing service are in step 2 of the procedure in this topic:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_run_rqm64_win_service.html
Note... the steps in "Before you begin" are numbered. Be sure to scroll down for the "Procedure" section.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.