It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Missing Timesheet data

Ryan Boyce (3212) | asked Mar 16 '17, 1:02 p.m.

We recently upgraded to CLM 6.0.3 from version 5, and then noticed that our Cognos reports that reported on timesheet data in RTC no longer worked. We suspected a new data model had been issued since the last time we updated it (this was in Feb 2016, using version 6.0's model). We downloaded the model from the administration page and attempted to integrate it with our current data model, but to no avail. We have custom data jobs which we need to keep, so we cannot just replace the model altogether. 

Following the IBM instructions (https://jazz.net/help-dev/rational-insight/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_import_clm301_fm_ri.html) we run into error BMT-MD-0204: "Unable to import because the following data sources in the source project exist in the current project with a different definition: RIDW".

Any ideas?

2 answers

permanent link
Cathy Xu (390515) | answered Mar 17 '17, 1:24 a.m.

Hi Ryan,

This BMT-MD-0204 error may occur when the data source definitions were at some point different.
This happened when you merge models?
Please try to open both models in the same instance of Framework Manager and save them.
Then try the import again.

If problem persist, it is best to open PMR to get IBM customer support
https://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest

Comments
Ryan Boyce commented Mar 31 '17, 3:52 p.m.

Thanks Cathy. I was able to clear the data source definition hurdle, but now the procedure gets hung up on the query subject. I suppose I could go the other way, and merge my old data model with the custom jobs into the new data model, but then I worry all of my reports that point to this old data model would no longer point to the updated model.

Do you or anyone else know if you would have to manually change the data source for each report if you were to publish a new package in Framework Manager?

Ryan

permanent link
Ryan Boyce (3212) | answered Apr 03 '17, 6:21 p.m.

I get an error BMT-MD-0105, saying that the specified querySubject/Name is invalid. I dug through the data model, and found this error coming from three tables in the Consolidate View -> Lookup folder. 

VW_KEYWORD_SCRIPT_LOOKUP
VW_RESERVATION_LABREQUEST_LOOKUP
VW_TESTPLAN_OBJECTIVE_LOOKUP

These views are definitely not the cause of my missing data, and furthermore no objects are imported from any other source in the data model. Does this mean my two data models are essentially identical? That would be good to know so I can chase down a different rabbit hole.

Thanks,
Ryan

Comments
Ryan Boyce commented Apr 05 '17, 7:20 p.m.

I guess what I need to know is if a new framework model was provided by version 6.0.3. We have been using the one provided by version 6.0. Was there a change since then?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.