It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC custom work item and workflow not visible in RAM

Peter Moraza (481924) | asked Apr 09 '14, 12:59 p.m.
Hi,

I'm using RTC 4.0.3 and RAM 7.5.1.2. RAM log shows "SMTP server not found" error, but RAM and RTC configuration look good otherwise. I've created a custom work item and work flow in RTC but they are not visible in RAM. I've followed the steps in the following link and confirmed the work item is being published by RTC.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/90111/custom-work-items-do-not-appear-in-the-ram-resource-type-selection-of-an-rtc-custom-work-item

I've restarted WAS, the RAM application, and refreshed the server cache. RTC and RAM are both installed on the same physical server. In RAM Administration->Configuration, the RTC server url is pointing to /ccm as follows:

https://myserver.domain:9443/ccm

What am I overlooking or what further can I check in order to make the RTC workflow visible in RAM? TIA

Peter

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lin Lu (3063) | answered Apr 09 '14, 9:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
I would like to know if anything happened during setup friend server with rtc?

The RTC url in configuration page is used for RAM's lifecycle management, one needs to setup friend server if he or she needs to integrate RTC with RAM. You may need to check the configuration setting first.

Here is the url to configure friend server, for you reference.
Linking to a work item on a Jazz server from an asset in the web client

Thanks.
Peter Moraza selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Peter Moraza commented Apr 14 '14, 10:28 p.m.

After setting up the friend server, my RTC custom work flow is now visible in RAM. I am sure to find other issues along the way but this is a wonderful start.

Thank you Lin for your time and your very excellent answer!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.