It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I just completed an error free installation of IBM RAM 7.5.1.1 When I open RAM in a browser, I receive a Jazz Java Client error. Any thoughts on how to resolve the error?

David Carryer (112) | asked Mar 07 '17, 12:51 p.m.
edited Mar 07 '17, 1:00 p.m.
The specific error is as follows:

Cannot find the location for the Jazz Java Client loc="C:\Program Files ( <wbr> x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\ <wbr> profiles\AppSrv01\ <wbr> installedApps\ram- <wbr> vmNode01Cell\ <wbr> RAM1WebApplication.ear\com. <wbr> ibm.ram.utility.jar\..\..\com. <wbr> ibm.ram.jazz.java", baseLoc="C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ <wbr> AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\ <wbr> installedApps\ram- <wbr> vmNode01Cell\ <wbr> RAM1WebApplication.ear\com. <wbr> ibm.ram.utility.jar"

This error is seen on ever RAM web page at the top, with an option to go to the "Configuration" page.  When I go to the recommended page, I still see the error, but when I scroll down the error appears a second time specifically under the "Internal Rational Team Concert" section of options.

I went through the logs to try an additional details.  All I found was this exact error.

Any thoughts on how I can resolve the error would be most appreciated.  I'm quite new to the setup of JAZZ / RAM / WebSphere, so your guidance is well received.

*edited because of strange formatting in the copy-paste of the error*

2 answers

permanent link
Rahul Choudhary (662) | answered Jun 21 '17, 3:39 a.m.

Hi David,

Have you completed the post-installation configuration of RAM ? You can refer t the below guide on how to configure jazz and other required configurations post the installation:

Hope it helps.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.4k213) | answered Mar 08 '17, 11:47 p.m.

First thing I will try is to re-install it in a different location, definitely not under "C:\Program Files (x86)". WebSphere hates whitespaces in the path and will behaves erratically.

I'm not familiar with RAM - is 32 bit the only option available? I rarely see or use 32 bit these days.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.