It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can we hide or delete the work item type where there are existing work items of that type

Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | asked Jan 04 '17, 5:37 a.m.

I have created new work item type. Create a template using the newly created work item type. Using the template I have created work items.Now I don't want the users to create work item of that type any more.The work item type can't be deleted because there are existing work items which were created using these template. I want the work item hidden from the users so that they will not use it. Is there any way to do this.

Any help will be appreciated!!

Thanks in Advance.

Deepali Nigade 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jan 04 '17, 12:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Deepali,

you could change the work item type of all work items which have it to something else and then delete. But my guess is that you want those work item to keep the type you are trying to hide.

In that case simple ensure by means of permission that no role (except possibly the admin role) can "Create Work Item" of that type:
- login with project admin rights to https://<YourPublicURI>:9443/ccm/admin
- navigate to manage your project
- go to permissions, choose radio button for "operations"
- in Work item --> Save Work Item --> Create Work Item --> Create Work Item of a Specific Type
choose the type you want to restrict
- revoke permissions for all roles, except maybe a special admin role (you can create for that purpose)
- make sure to save project area

Now regular users will not be able to create a work item of that type.

If this answer is helpful please mark it as accepted.

- Arne
Deepali Deshmukh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Deepali Deshmukh commented Jan 05 '17, 1:46 a.m.

Hi Arne,

Thank you for your reply!!

Some how I want to hide the work item type, from the users. 

We had thought of changing the work item type of all work items which have it to something else and then delete. But then the number is too large.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 05 '17, 2:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can not hide the type.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.