It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can You Create Multi Select Radio Buttons?

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked Feb 05 '17, 12:28 a.m.

I searched the forum for this question and didn't come up with anything recent that you can do.  We are currently using CLM 6.0.3.  Customer is looking to have a "multi select" radio button where that can select anywhere from 1 to 10 items.  Is this possible in RTC?  I read something about using a "string" but that doesn't seem to work.  Any other ideas out there?

Was also interested in a horizontal list or radio buttons versus vertical, but I guess there is only an RFE out there on this topic at this time.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 05 '17, 10:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 05 '17, 10:42 a.m.

Radio buttos are always only one is selected - that is the nature of radio buttons. You can use a multi select checkbox presentation. There is no horizontal version.

You use an attribute of type enumerationList. For each attribute type defined there is a list type. E.g. if you create a custom enumeration called "choice" you have an attribute type "choiceList" which can be used for multi select. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/extending-the-workitem-command-line-with-new-commands/ and Workaround: Migrate from Rational Team Concert 3.X string attribute used as multi-select lists to RTC 4.X enumeration lists for a bit background.

Rob Olsen selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.