It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way to add the dependency of one custom on another in Server Side plugin development

Shwetha G (60331) | asked Jan 10 '17, 6:30 a.m.

Hello All,

I am developing a server side plugin, where it checks for the linking of the WI to other.

Is there any way I can create a dependency on the links field in the WI and an custom created field ?

So that I can dynamically get the count of WIs linked in the custom created field, as and when the new WI are linked and deleted.

or also It would be great, if there is any way to call the server side plugin, other than calling on save operation..i.e., plugin called dynamically on an attribute, due to value change through the dependency created on Links field.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 10 '17, 6:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Operation behavior is triggered by an operation e.g. save. Although it is possible to call an operation behavior from another operation behavior, this is not something that one should do and as far as I can tell there are no usual use cases where this would be a best practice.

Attribute value changes can be detected on work item save (advisor or participant) by comparing the value in the old state and the new state. It is up to the extension developer to act on that information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.