It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to reduce work on developers for creating new workspaces

Pravin Patil (104145134) | asked Dec 27 '16, 5:06 p.m.

My current RTC source control has one stream per release, for e.g. StreamA for ReleaseA, StreamA.1 for Priority ReleaseA.1, StreamB for ReleaseB. Once a release is successful, I archive the corresponding stream. Then I create new stream for upcoming new release. Now developers have to create new workspace and load the necessary components every time a new stream is created. Is there a way, that developers do not have to create and load workspaces everytime a new stream is created but can reuse the existing workspace with new streams?

Please let me know.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 27 '16, 5:24 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
One approach is to use one stream called "current-development".    Most developers work on a workspace that flows with "current-development".   Create snapshots and side streams as needed for work on any other configuration.
Another approach is to keep your current stream structure, but have each developer have a single primary development repository workspace, that the flow with whatever stream is their current priority.   If they want to more quickly work in parallel on multiple configurations, they would create additional repository workspaces as needed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.