It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

requirement title in "validates requirement" column of test script view from test case does not reflect change made in RDNG

Brett Bohnn (94111151) | asked Dec 13 '16, 5:38 p.m.
Hi,

As shown in this screen shot below from QM 6.0.2 iFix006a (the same occurs in 5.0.2), The requirement title in "validates requirement" column of test script view from test case does not reflect the title change made in RDNG. The initial title is "new" and the title was changed in RDNG to "newTest." That change is only seen in the OSLC rich hover, not in the "validates requirement" column.

1. Ensure test script preference "Allow linking test script steps and requirements" is checked in Manage Project Properties
1. Create a test case
2. Add a manual test script
3. Link a requirement to a test script step
4. Add the "validates requirement" column to the test script view from the test case
5. The requirement title from #3 is shown
6. Rename the requirement in RDNG

Expected:
The new title is seen in the "validates requirement" column
Actual:
The new title is not seen in "validates requirement" column but is in OSLC rich hover

Thanks,
Brett

Comments
Brett Bohnn commented Dec 13 '16, 6:07 p.m. | edited Dec 13 '16, 9:57 p.m.

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Dec 13 '16, 11:52 p.m.
As far as I can tell, when you add the requirement link in the test script step, the resource link and a comment like "3: new" are stored. When the test scripts are shown in the Test Scripts section within a Test Case, no requests are sent to RDNG, so it will not get the up-to-date title of the requirement. When you hover the mouse over the requirement link, a GET request is sent to RDNG to get the details of the requirement.

I believe this is by design (or the lack of it). I don't see any "reconcile" feature for Test Scripts. Maybe that's something for a RFE?

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111151) | answered Dec 14 '16, 11:37 a.m.
Hi Don,

Thanks for the comment. In the duplicate post for this here https://jazz.net/forum/questions/232404/the-requirement-title-in-validates-requirement-column-of-a-test-script-view-from-test-case-does-not-reflect-the-title-change-made-in-rdng
RQM dev requests that I submit this as a defect.

Brett

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.