It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error SRVE0255E trying to access DM in WAS under IHS reverse proxy

Luiz Almeida (23016191) | asked Nov 30 '16, 7:34 p.m.
edited Nov 30 '16, 7:39 p.m.
Hello guys,

I'm with the following problem:

I have Design Manager 6.0.2 installed in WAS v8.5.5 and I'm using IHS as reverse proxy.

The URI that is configured in IHS is: https://proxyaddress.com.br/dm

I can access this URI by browser without problem, but to acces by a client application as RSA or IDA, I have to inform the hostname of the server (not the URI) and port 9443. The hostname is "dmserver" for instance.
When I configure the client application with hostname and port I can't acess the server. In the client application I receive the error "The host cannot be reached" and in the SystemOut.log of WAS appears the error:

[11/30/16 15:07:30:390 BRST] 000001d3 WebContainer  E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.internal.WebContainer handleRequest SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle / has not been defined.

All the sites I have found about the error SRVE0255E suggests that must be a problem related with port conflit in the virtual host or application not found, but it's not the case.

Does anybody can help me?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Nov 30 '16, 10:50 p.m.

Are you sure the error that you quoted is related? It says "/", not "/dm". For this issue, quite a few things (plugin-cfg.xml, DM .war deployment and etc) need to be checked. It will be better to contact Support. If you followed any published documents, you should also tell us what they are.

Luiz Almeida commented Dec 01 '16, 9:32 a.m.

Donald,

Yes, this is the error that appers in SystemOut.log when I try the connection. It's strange, but it's true.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.