It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using different db vendors for CLM applications

Luca Martinucci (1.0k397112) | asked Oct 10 '16, 5:12 a.m.
Is it possible to use different db vendor for the different CLM applications?
Specifically, we have the "core" applications (JTS, CCM, QM, DNG) using SQL Server databases; now we are going to install and set up the data warehouse applications (JRS, DCC, LQE), and we'd prefer use Oracle for them.
In addition to being supported, is this scenario also recommended? Or are there any caveats concerning the performances?
Does this configuration work if core and dwh applications run on the same server (and WAS profile), or only if dwh applications are deployed on a different and dedicated application server?
The installed CLM version is 5.0.2.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 10 '16, 5:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't see why you couldn't do that. I can't tell if it is supported. It would potentially be an intermediate step if you wanted to switch from one DB vendor to an other.

Is this recommended? I don't think we would recommend to do that. Our recommendation usually is to pick the DB that is supported and you know best.

Each application has its own connection to its DB, as far as I know, so you should be able to individually configure them, regardless of the topology.

However, if you want definitive answers, you should contact support.
Luca Martinucci selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Luca Martinucci commented Oct 10 '16, 5:45 a.m.

Thanks for the answer; actually this is what I thought.
I have contacted support in order to have an official statement.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.