It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No converter.war with 7.0.2?

Matthew Clark (10711347) | asked Dec 17 '20, 1:05 p.m.

Is this by design? Does RM no longer need converter.war for graphical artifacts?

Comments
Matthew Clark commented Dec 17 '20, 1:35 p.m.

for the record, all of the 7.0.2 documentation still references the application, but when I downloaded the package from Jazz.net and installed, it's not preset in the webapp directory.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.4k217) | answered Dec 17 '20, 5:19 p.m.
This actually disappeared quite some time ago - initially it was installed but not enabled, and then it was completely removed.

The current drawing surface in the RM app no longer needs it.
Matthew Clark selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Matthew Clark commented Dec 17 '20, 5:21 p.m.

Thank you! I skipped version 7.0.1, but this was still bundled with version 7.0 when I deployed earlier this year. Good to know it is no longer required.

Davyd Norris commented Dec 17 '20, 5:55 p.m.
Wow! I actually thought it was physically removed earlier than that - had no idea they still shipped it as late as 7.0

"The graphical editor browser add-on has been removed in 6.0.3 in favor of the HTML-based Diagram Editor. For DNG 6.0.3 and later, if you are not migrating from an earlier version, or if you do not need to view graphical artifacts created with the graphical editor browser add-on, then the converter application is not required."

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.