It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTCi build engine not recognized from RTC client

Ulf Buchner (3182213) | asked Aug 26 '09, 4:54 a.m.
Hi all,

I've installed a Build Engine on our i5 with ID RTCBLDENG. This runs perfectly. But when I create its Build Engine Definition in RTCi I get the message that it doesn't seem to be running. I created a Build definition, which points to this build engine definition. When I request a build, it's not carried out. I've entered the same ID in this definition. I've created a user RTCBUILD. This user is used to start the Build Engine on the i5 as well as a user for the build in RTCi. Perhaps I should enter information under "properties" in the Build Engine definition, but there is no documentation about what to enter.

Is there something I am missing or is there additional information about the i5 Build Engine definition?

Thanks,

Ulf

One answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Aug 31 '09, 12:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

What command line arguments are you using when running jbe on the i5?
What console output are you getting from jbe? If you're not getting any output, see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildFAQ#NoConsoleOutput

Some things to check:
- does the RTCBUILD user have an appropriate license (Build System or Developer)?
- does the RTCBUILD user have the appropriate process permissions in your project/team process configuration to do Build operations 'Control the Build Lifecycle' and 'Save Build Engine' (at least)?

Nick Edgar
RTC Build component lead

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.