It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does Jazz not deny licenses when the limit is reached?

Michael Alberda (2311648) | asked Sep 28 '16, 8:02 a.m.
Good Day,

I have noticed that Jazz does not seem to deny users access even though we have reached our limit of 62. I have run the report on jts/admin and it shows that we have peaked at 64 with no denials. I have also checked the full floating license log and there are not any denials for the last 2 years.

Is there any other setting apart from the purchased column that need to be adjusted in order to ensure we do not go over our limit?

Thank-you,
Kind Regards,
Michael Alberda

One answer

permanent link
June Boston (1943038) | answered Sep 28 '16, 1:21 p.m.
Are you sure people have actually crossed the limit?  We just hit the edge of our license pool and started getting all floating licenses consumed, and people definitely are getting denied.  In the past I notice we went right up to the limit without anyone else trying to cross over; if your license timeout is low enough maybe it just hasn't become a problem yet?

Also the denial reports may be weird, I found older versions of Jazz licensing reporting were inaccurate.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.