It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Calculating aging of workitem states in JRS

hani zaidi (1125) | asked Sep 22 '16, 6:00 a.m.
Is aging on different states of workitem possible by custom reporting in JRS?

I've to create a report on Percentage of duration over the stages in comparison with the overall release duration or Effort distribution pf SDLC phases (BD + DD/DS+ QA) based on the following formula:
Duration for of particular  phase during a release-Duration of the release/Duration of the release  * 100

I am using CLM V6.0.2 with SQL DB and custom reporting is enabled in jrs.

The underlined assumption is that phases represent states and we have to calculate total time period of CR in individual states over the total time period from creation to deployment. 

Any help from GUI or custom SQL query will be appreciated

P.S Using historical data we are bound to give a time range which is not required in this calculation.

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Sep 22 '16, 9:22 a.m.
I'm only on CLM 6.0.1,  but if you check in the "Work Item State History" instead of "Work Item" under Current Data reports,  it has a 'Days in State' option.  This may help you generate what you're looking for. 

permanent link
hani zaidi (74622) | answered Sep 22 '16, 11:59 a.m.
edited Sep 22 '16, 12:00 p.m.
 Hi Jackie,

Thanks for you response, I've few queries related to work item state history. Is it possible to get work item type as attribute using this artifact? 

And I tried using this artifact but every time I get '0' value against Days in State. Do you know what could be the possible reason behind this? I did changes in states of different work items and ran the dcc job again to confirm and still getting the same value for 'days in state'

Thanks!

Comments
Jackie Albert commented Sep 22 '16, 12:08 p.m.

If you use the Traceability links from "Work Item State History" you can link to the related "Work Item" and get the Type or any other attribute value.  Keep in mind this is only the current value, not any of the historical values it might have contained at the point in time it was in that state  (For that check out the full "Work Item History").

I'm not sure why your values are always '0' - I definitely get more detailed data in mine matching what I would expect.  Hopefully someone from the development or support teams can give some assistance there. 

hani zaidi commented Sep 22 '16, 12:52 p.m.

Thanks Jackie!

"Keep in mind this is only the current value, not any of the historical values it might have contained at the point in time it was in that state  (For that check out the full "Work Item History"). " 

That was needed for confirmation. I've checked work item history but in that type of report we have to specify a time range. I think I need some sort of customization to log start and end date on each state change. If you come up with any other workaround please do share. Thankyou again for your help. 

Jackie Albert commented Sep 22 '16, 1:45 p.m.

Keep in mind, I'm not talking about the data in Historical Trends, but the 'Work Item History' that's listed under "Current Data" type reports.  This screenshot is from 6.0.1, so maybe it's moved in 6.0.2 (I know it moves to a new spot in 6.0.3)  but this is the section I'm referring to.  Both 'Work Item History' and 'Work Item State' history are available with full workitem change details - this is not a snapshot with metrics like you get in the Historical Trends.

hani zaidi commented Sep 23 '16, 10:11 a.m.

Hi jackie Thanks again. I've checked Work Item History, Work Item State History and Historical Trends. All I can get is last/previous state and action. I want a report where I can get duration against each state of a single work item or collection for say:

Column 1: State (Open,closed,in progress)
Column 2: Sum of timespent by all workitems in the following state

So far I am unable to find a direct solution to this. Please guide me if there is a possible solution? I am ready to work with sql custom queries

Thanks again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.