It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Calculating change in requirements using JRS

hani zaidi (74622) | asked Sep 22 '16, 8:35 a.m.
  Hi,

I've to generate a report on Requirement stability Index(Requirement Stability Index provides the difference in requirements over releases/iterations) using the following formula:

(Total number of Original Requirements + Cumulative number of requirements changed (till date) + Cumulative number of requirements added (till date) + Cumulative number of requirements deleted (till date)) / (Total number of Original Requirements)

How can we create a report in JRS based on the following?

·         Changed requirements

·         Added requirements

·         Deleted requirements

compared with the previous release? Is there a workaround to create this report?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Sep 22 '16, 11:24 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When I read your question, the ability to compare baselines is what comes to mind.  See https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS2L6K_6.0.2/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/c_snapshots.html
In a requirements project, a baseline captures the entire project at a moment in time.

In JRS, in order to use the calculated columns feature, you need to have something stored in an attribute first. I don't see that being the case with what you want to calculate.

But, I think perhaps the comparison of baselines would show the differences between releases.

Comments
hani zaidi commented Sep 22 '16, 12:57 p.m.

Thankyou Rosa for your answer. I am afraid baseline information is not available in JRS

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.