It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can a RRC embedded image be given a different artefact type?

Ian Pillion (258) | asked Sep 05 '16, 4:49 a.m.
In RRC, under Artifacts tab, we are creating new Requirements. 
If as part of a requirement we create and add screenshots as embedded images. RRC saves images as image.png file, but it creates this image as an artifact itself, of type Requirement, which is cluttering up the Requirement list.

Wondering if embedded images can be converted to a type 'image' or similar so they can be filtered away from real requirements?

Comments
Bas Bekker commented Sep 05 '16, 1:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What version of DNG/RRC are you using?

In DNG 6.0.2, whenever I embed an image in a text artifact, either by inserting & uploading from the rich text menu, or drag-and-dropping the image, it always lets me choose the artifact type.

One answer

permanent link
Philipp Waldinger (1313) | answered Sep 05 '16, 1:26 p.m.
edited Sep 05 '16, 1:27 p.m.
Which version of RRC are you using?

In later versions, when RRC is already renamed to DOORS NG, you have the option to select the artifact role "Make this artifact type a preferred upload option" in the "Artifact Type" tab of the Project/Component Properties:

If this is activated for an artifact type, then images which are uploaded either with "Insert Image" from the context menu or with simple clipboard pasting in the rich text editor become artifacts of this artifact type.
If this setting is activated for multiple different types, I'm not sure which one gets chosen, but I think that it is always the latest one for which the setting was applied.

If this option does not exist in the version of Rational Requirements Composer you use, it propably does not exist at all. In this case you can only manually change the artifact type of the images (context menu: "Edit Attributes" > "Artifact Type") after the upload. If at least that option is already available in your version...

Comments
Ian Pillion commented Sep 06 '16, 9:41 a.m.

We are still using Jazz / RRC 5.0.2.

Would hope to upgrade to 6 in the coming weeks if this will help! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.