It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to merge different RRC projects into 1 single project?

Diana Kraaijeveld (56227) | asked Mar 19 '13, 5:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
My customer needs to merge 4 RRC projects into 1 single project.
They use RRC 4.0.1.
All projects are based on the same template, so they have the same artifact types and attributes.
The artifacts are all text-based.
There are links between artifacts that need to be preserved.

ReqIF creates duplicate artifact types and attributes - this is obviously not what the customer wants.
It is of course possible to rename the secondary artifact types to the original after importing the second project with ReqIF, but this way you loose the attribute contents. Exporting attributes first to CSV and then updating the attributes again trough CSV after renaming the artifact types as described above would be an option, but updating existing artifacts trough CSV is currently not possible, is it? And of course then there is the matter of maintaining the links.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
for info: There is this RFE related - but it is still in submitted state: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=24565

Comments
Asaf Kivity commented Mar 20 '13, 9:56 a.m. | edited Mar 22 '13, 10:38 a.m.

Same question here

Rosa Naranjo commented Mar 22 '13, 10:39 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Asaf, did the answer below help you too?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tom Mutdosch (1761) | answered Mar 21 '13, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can look at this jazz.net article for some tips on how to deal with the duplicate type attributes when importing via ReqIF.  It does require some post-import cleanup, but it is possible to do what you are describing via ReqIF.
https://jazz.net/library/article/1243

Tom

Diana Kraaijeveld selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Diana Kraaijeveld commented Mar 21 '13, 1:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Tom, this was really helpful on getting rid of the duplicate attributes without loosing the content. I tested it and it worked fine for my merging my 2 tiny test projects. I will check this procedure with the customer and only hope they do not have string attributes that have a different value for each artifact...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.