It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RRC export tree views to csv files ?

Natsumi Yokoyama (209386101) | asked Jul 15 '13, 10:26 p.m.

Can RRC export tree views to csv files ? My customer want to export tree views to csv files. When I tryed this scenario using RRC 4.0.3, I can not find the way to do this operation.

Thank you

Accepted answer

permanent link
Fabian Lomeli (2213) | answered Jul 16 '13, 6:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just verified and the .csv file will only contain the level 0 of the tree view, any deeper level is not part of the export.  For more information see this link
Natsumi Yokoyama selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Eliel Alvarez (161) | answered Jul 16 '13, 7:03 p.m.
What you meant with 'tree views', do you meant 'tree folder structure'?
In case the question above is affirmative, there is not a way to export 'tree folder structure' to CSV file, however the content of 'tree folder structure' selected can be saved into a view, and later export to CSV.

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Jul 19 '13, 2:34 a.m.

Thank you for your advice. I just meant "traceability tree view".

permanent link
Natsumi Yokoyama (209386101) | answered Jul 19 '13, 2:33 a.m.

According to the following workitem, which is only for RRC 3.0.1, RRC do not support exporting traceability tree view.

https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=34179

Export to CSV should export the Links in the Grid
As a result of the PMC discussion on Nov 17, we should set clear boundaries on what CSV export should support.  Here is what was agreed upon,
1. only the columns and info currently shown in the grid (The requirement artifacts may have been sorted or filtered.)
2. plain text only (No rich text, no diagrams or sketches)
3. support exporting traceability links displayed in columns.  Do not support exporting traceability tree view
4. Does not support exporting of URIs

CSV export is NOT for
•round-tripping data
•data interchange with other tools/repositories

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.