It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create Artifact Module Hierarchy via CSV Import

Nate Decker (37814261) | asked Jun 26 '13, 9:58 a.m.

I would like to be able to import artifacts into an RRC Module from CSV file and have the resulting artifacts be organized in a hierarchy. In other words, I would like to be able to specify the built-in "Section" property of the artifacts in the import. I don't think RRC currently supports this (we're running version 4.0.1). I tried specifying the "Section" attribute and putting a value in there that matched what I've seen RRC use, but the import doesn't recognize the built-in "Section" attribute.

Is there a way to do this without using a ReqIF import?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Petru Acsinte (1311) | answered Jun 26 '13, 1:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

One way to do this is by specifying values for the parentBinding field.
More information here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DNGCSVImpExp (please see Special CSV columns)
It might help to have a module with a similar hierarchy already available. In that case, you can use CSV export to export its contents and the exported file will show how the identifiers are used by parentBinding to recreate the hierarchy (no need to export the whole module, you can select and export enough artifacts to give you an idea about how to set the parentBinding values).

Nate Decker selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.