It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can I Insert artifact attributes inside another one IN RRC ?

Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | asked Aug 09 '13, 3:06 a.m.
Hi

I have used the RRC and when I'm in an artifact I insert artifacts into other artifacts but it only inserts the context and the title. Is there a way to insert the attributes of the "child" artifact into the "parent" one?

2 answers

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Aug 09 '13, 9:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, no.  The only way to view the attributes of inserted artifacts is to hover over the link to see the rich hover. 
Have you looked at modules yet?  I think modules would meet your needs better... you can insert artifacts into the module, and you can view and edit the contents and attributes of all the artifacts in the module from the module editor. 

Comments
Cesar Sasaki commented Aug 09 '13, 10:25 a.m.

Hi Kirk

Thanks for the answer. But I'm trying to achieve with "modules" and I dont see my needs here. Is that I see I can insert and artifact but when I insert another one inside the first artifact is the same as an artifact by itself.
Do I'm doing wrong?( Conceptually talking)

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Aug 12 '13, 4:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 12 '13, 4:19 p.m.
A module is composed of other artifacts.  So after you've added your first artifact, use the Edit menu for that artifact to add another existing artifact after it (or create a new artifact if it doesn't exist yet).  You will see the Edit (pencil) button on the left hand side of the row when you hover over an artifact (see below).  Does that help? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.