It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to trigger a test case/suite/execution record from a build

Axel Ulmestig (34612) | asked Aug 31 '16, 5:03 a.m.
retagged Oct 21 '16, 5:25 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)
Hi

I'm trying to set up continuous integration in my project. I've created a build in RTC that loads a hello world python script to a server and runs it. I've also created a test script that tries to run the python script which passes/fails depending on if it could execute the python script. This script is connected to a Test Case in RQM so that when I run the Test Case it will run the script on the server and report the result. Both the build and the test case work separately.

I'd like for the test script to get run when the build is finished, so I set up an Execution Schedule. The Execution Schedule is set up like this: (I would upload a screenshot but I don't have enough karma)

Schedule an execution based on:
        Build completion:
            Select Build Definition:                                          hello world build

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 19 '16, 6:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Axel,

If you followed all the steps in https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_verify_builds.html to integrate RTC as your build provider, I would suggest you are experiencing a defect.  Please open a RQM defect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.