It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Any way to undo remove application step if RM and CCM was removed from the 3.0 install then upgraded to 4?

Patrick Quinn (846) | asked Aug 28 '13, 8:32 a.m.
retagged Sep 03 '13, 9:38 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
We just completed an upgrade of JTS and RQM to 4.0. In the previous 3.0 installation RM and CCM applications were removed. They now want that functionality for the 4.0 upgrade. Since the 4.0 upgrade takes the previous 3.0 installation configuration, it did not ask me if I want to use RM or CCM.  It just assumed I did not since they were removed already from the 3.0 installation.  Is there any place I can go in the application to add them back in, or redo that specific part of the installation without having to revert to backup's and redo everything? Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11319) | answered Aug 28 '13, 8:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Patrick,

We do not recommend unregister and re-register CLM applications (especially, RM) that you would like to continue to use. Based on your scenario above, the recommendation will be to restore the backup (with CCM and RM) and redo the upgrade. Alternatively, you can setup new CCM and RM and register them with the upgraded JTS (if the data from the old CCM and RM are not needed).

New applications can be registered using /jts/setup wizard or /jts/admin > Registered Application page:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_register.html

Patrick Quinn selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Aug 28 '13, 9:11 a.m.
Install the ccm and rm applications and then manually register them.  This can be done by going to the jts -> servers -> registered applications page and selecting add, then follow the wizard.  Once the registration wizard completes, then select the link on the top of the page to go through the ccm / rm setup wizard.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.