It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating or adding new requirements to Test plan

Soujanya Sri (1256) | asked Jun 13 '13, 4:11 p.m.
retagged Jun 14 '13, 9:08 a.m. by Max Bridges (24126)

Hi,

I am trying to add some requirements to Test plan and not able to see the add requirement icon (plz refer to the below image) in the test plan under requirements from Manage sections on the left hand side.

does this need any thing to do with the access? If so i have the admin access to the Project. we are using RQM 3.0.1 version.

Please let me know which is the best way to add or import requirements to Test plan.

Thanks

6 answers

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jun 14 '13, 2:38 a.m.

If you have integrated RRC, you requirements can be added under the 'Requirement Links' tab in RQM.

The 'Requirements' tab populates the requirement if you have added an external requirement provider like Reqpro or DOORS.

Best Regards
Rajat

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Jun 13 '13, 11:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Soujanya,
did you integrate the RRC project area with this RQM project ? if not please refer to the following help document
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.help.common.jazz.calm.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_calm_cfg_roadmap.html

Comments
Soujanya Sri commented Jun 14 '13, 9:46 a.m.

I have only one version which is 3.0.1 , so do i have to do this? the document above says that we have mixed version combination of 2 and 3..... please let me know.......

permanent link
Soujanya Sri (1256) | answered Jun 14 '13, 9:42 a.m.

I am able to see 'requirement Collection Links', where i see a + sign to add the req collections. but i am not able to see the add requirement link in "Requirements" section. May be for this i need ReqPro or Doors, which i don't think i have it. (How can i check this?)

2. I added the req collections in the Req Collection Links. But when i run my report i am not able to see how many req are covered for the test cases and all details, all the req Reports are coming with no data.

3. Can you please tell me what is the correct process for this?

I created  Test plan, Added Test cases & Test Scripts, Created Execution records with release and Test phases, but when i tried to add Req, i was not able to do it, can i add the req's as Req collections? and can i run the reports successfully?

Thanks you

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jun 14 '13, 9:56 a.m.
In test plan, click on manage sections and add 'Requirement Links'

permanent link
Soujanya Sri (1256) | answered Jun 14 '13, 10:04 a.m.
In Manage section.in Test plan..I have only 2 options for Requirements which are " Requirements & Requirement Collection Links" ...Is Requiremeny Links same as Requirement collection Links?

Comments
frederick carter commented Jun 19 '13, 1:13 p.m.

rajat ,  we are experiencing the same questions as Soujanya is.  I dont think your is correct.   there is no 'requirements Links' to add as Soujanya has indicated.

so question remains -   how to add RRC requirements to the Requirements Section of the Test Plan?

permanent link
Suraj Amasebail (1111) | answered Jun 19 '13, 1:25 p.m.
Hello Soujanya,

Test Plans can have either 'Requirement Collection Links' or 'Requirements' section based on integration with DOORS (Non-CLM tool) or RRC (CLM tool).

'Requirement Collection Links': While using non-CLM RM tool
'Requirements': While using CLM RM tool

You can go to Manage Project Properties (Click on the wheel icon next to user ID on the top right corner and select Manage This Project Area). Inside manage project area page, go to bottom and check the settings under Associations section. If your RQM project is associated with any RM provider, then you should see some entry for "Requirements" association type.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.